01 January, 2017

New Year, new opportunities!


It's nice to have sometime to actually blog again, hello again! Seeing as it's the start of the new year, I wanted to get straight back into blogging again as I've truly missed it so much over the past few months. This year has brought about many personal and professional changes and challenges in my life. For starters, a new job which is a great opportunity and promotion, I worked really hard to achieve this and feel very proud of but along with the new job I've got to do a second degree in order to do my new job. Which again, is an absolutely wonderful opportunity, but it's takes up so much of personal time it's been a struggle for me to juggle everything. I'm sure so many of you know what I mean but it's a good learning curve and it's so true, nothing comes easy or without sacrifices so you just have to get on with it and work hard!

I'm still learning how to balance my time outside of work effectively and of course where to find time to blog, which quiet honestly, I've completely neglected in the past few months. Most importantly, on top of all the work commitments, study and looking for a new place to live, my partner and I found out the wonderful news the we're going to have a baby in 2017! So to say things have been hectic in the past few months is an understatement! But I'm not complaining by any means, the past few years have been difficult in many ways and we're now finally finding our feet and have a lot to look forward to this year, so I can genuinely say, I'm very much looking forward to everything 2017 brings.

Christmas has been such a welcome break, having the time to relax, refuel and reassess what changes I need to make in the coming months, With a new baby on the way, no one prepares you for the changes both mentally and physically that you undergo and it's been a massive adjustment for me. After months of being really ill with morning/night/day sickness, it never stopped! Glamour, styling and blogging simply went out the window. You don't feel fabulous leaning over a toilet bowl 24-7!! However I'm now feeling much better and I miss my hobbies outside of the day job. That's where I have the most fun and get to create, I plan to get organised and schedule my free time much better in 2017. That's been my biggest learning curve of 2016, organisation, it's something admittedly I'm terrible at but I'm going to make a conscious effort to improve. Plus I have to I've got a baby on the way!

With all the changes to happen in 2017, I want to focus my time with being a new mom but also retaining my hobbies, interests and identity and blogging is the perfect outlet. I'm looking forward to writing about my experiences, new adventures and of course, fashion. So without rambling even further, I have gone on much too long as as it is! I want to wish you a very happy new year and hope you've a wonderful holiday. I sincerely hope that 2017 is a great year for you and yours. Here are some of my favourite shoots from 2016, I can't wait to create more content in 2017 plus the baby bump which will be so much fun!



Happy New Year!

Lots of love

x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...